MY EVERYTHING

Even though you aren’t
Here with me
In the flesh
You’re my everything

When I was sick
You healed me
When I was lost
You delivered me
When I wanted to give up
On life and give in to the sin
Due to the pain, fear, stress, and depression
That reigns in this world
Thinking that my life would be
Worry free
You shined a light one me
Allowing me to see through the corruption
And continue to live for you
By supplying me with strength
To fight on this never ending battlefield
Called earth

Many times in my life
I have sinned
And I did repent for those mistakes
But the guilt
For so long
Was hard for me to shake
Until I opened my eyes
And saw
That I’ve had numerous
Close calls in my life
Where Your wrath could have been
Brought upon me
Yet Your love is so strong
That it’s unbelievable
I just couldn’t believe
That it was possible
For you to forgive me
For half the stuff I did

You had so much love for me
And every other person in this world
That long before I was born
You thought of my soul
You thought of my life
And You sent your one and only Son
From Heaven to die on the Cross
Just for me to live and have a chance
To make it and not perish

My outlook on things
Were once so twisted
Now I see that
I have wisdom
I have health
I have an education
I have peace
I have freedom
I have family
And other priceless blessings
That many people would die for

You are my King
Who is in Heaven
Looking over me
Holding the world
And all power in Your hands

You are my strength
You are my joy
You are my healer
You are my breath
You are my soul
You are my everything

Leave a Reply