MY WORDS

Every time I pick up
My pen and pencil
And write a poem
My words are their words
For my words
Are real and blunt
I speak for everyone
I speak for the
People in North America
People in South America
People in Europe
People in Asia
People in Africa
People in Australia
People lingering around
Antarctica
That’s because
My words speak the truth
My words speak the love
My words speak the pain
My words speak the famine
My words speak the poverty
My words speak the drug abuse
My words speak the forcefully
Depriving a young girl of her
Innocence
My words speak the fear
My words speak the misunderstandings
My words speak the death
My words speak the hope
My words speak the broken home
My words speak the slavery
My words speak the struggle
My words speak
The hearts of the people

Leave a Reply