BREATHE

My eyes have just opened
It’s another day

My outlook on things
Have finally changed

I rise up out of bed
I push my curtains to the side
And look through my blinds
To see what’s on the other side
Of my window

The sun is shining bright
The sky is so blue
Birds fly in the sky
The fresh air
Moves through the trees and grass
Causing the grass and tree leaves
To sway in the breeze

I feel so good
My health is so precious
Because many people
In Africa for say
Die from AIDS every single day
Many people stay sick
In and out of the hospital
For diseases like Leukemia
Many are blind
Many are disabled to move
Without the assistance
Of a wheelchair
And I don’t have a single
Amount of sickness in my body

I’m so thankful
Because every single day
People leave the face of this earth
In such devastating ways
And I’m still here
With my prayers getting answered
And receiving overflowing
Blessings in every way
I’ve decided that
I woke up with a smile on my face
And inner peace
And nobody along with their issues
Is gonna shoot down my spirits
Because I’m gonna sing my song
And do my dance
And celebrate every second
God blesses me with to breathe

Leave a Reply