ALWAYS THERE FOR ME

People you thought you knew
People you thought you could trust
People you thought cared
CHANGE

People are quick to turn their heads away
No matter how much pain you’re in
They refuse to reach out their hands
And always have their fingers pointing towards you
FOR IT’S A CUTTHROAT WORLD

With our beautiful youth today
It’s so hard for many of us
To find a true friend to confide in or lean on
Even a family member who has the same blood
Running through their veins
With the fear of a crushed skull
By the force of them or material objects
With the fear of deep bruises
Leaving them with scorching pain
With the fear of welts
By the beatings with belts and other long swinging things
With the fear of black eyes
And bloody gashes on their lips along with
The fear of broken bones and sprains
Along with other brutal physical abuse
Just for speaking up, being creative, and
All the things they do in life
Because their guardians don’t accept it
Even they find fault and constantly run their mouths too
They even turn their back which is depressing however
REAL CHRISTIAN LOVE IS EXTREMLY HARD TO FIND

Just like many of my fellow young people
All across the world
I can relate
I’ve experienced the abuse
I’ve had many doors slammed in my face
Yet I’ve still had one thing to turn to over the years
I can turn to it no matter what
Whether I am angry
Whether I am sad
Or other feelings that life’s experiences cause
No matter what type of weather is in my world
I can always turn to it
With its white glowing pureness
BECAUSE IT’S ALWAYS THERE FOR ME

Leave a Reply